business

Market Cross, Chichester

The 16th Century ornate Tudor Market Cross is a much photographed city landmark. It stands at the centre of Chichester's four main Georgian shopping streets and provides a focal point and resting spot for busy shoppers.

It was provided by Bishop Storey in 1501 to give shelter to visiting market traders who could buy and sell produce without paying tolls to the City Council.

location