Join us for a fun-filled day out at Wakehurst this October half-term.
There’s a cookery workshop with story-telling next to an open fire and an autumn trail through the gardens.
Pull of one of our new explorer rucksacks and prepare for an intrepid journey through Wakehurst!
Jam-packed with creative goodies, each rucksack will make sure your child makes the most from their time in the garden. A little adult help is needed with some of the activities – making them a great way to share in the joy of discovery.
When you return your rucksack, claim a Wakehurst explorer badge too.
We have three great packs:
Nature explorers (under 6’s):
- Collecting, searching, nature spotting and artistic projects will reveal your inner explorer.
- Includes a Wakehurst collecting stick, word search and a magnifying glass and crayons for leaf rubbing.
Discovery explorer (6-8’s):
- Get up-close to the world’s mini-beasts by looking at insects and check out the amazing world of bees. We’ve got an creative challenge for you too!
- Includes a magnifying bug pot and special brush (so not to harm you bug), plus tips for making a natural collage.
Expedition explorer (8+):
- Take our compass challenge and be a real life forester, measuring the age of your tree.
- Includes a compass, binoculars and a guide to create your own sculpture.
Set off on an exciting autumnal self-led trail, focusing on plants that are good for our health.
What can you spot? Our trail markers will tell you which plants are good for various ailments.
Did you know that Ephedra is good for asthma and hay fever – this is just one of the many interesting facts you will pick up along the way.
Dates: 20 to 28 October 2018