Go Ape, the UK’s leading adventure company is famous for its wind in your face zip lines that hurtle you down to the ground…but could you climb up one? Introducing Go Ape’s brand new #ZipChallenge, if you think you know Go Ape, think again. To be able to join the Go Ape Tribe, all instructors train hard and must be able to haul themselves up a zip wire as quickly as possible, even at Aberfoyle where their zip wire is an eye-watering 120ft high and 426 metres long, over a waterfall!
Over the double Easter bank holiday*, Go Ape will be hosting a series of one-off adrenaline pumping zip ascent events across 29 of its Tree Top Adventure locations. Members of the public will face the challenge to race up Go Ape’s zip lines against the clock to see who is the quickest, and if they can beat Go Ape’s instructors (male & female) records. It’s designed to elevate customers out of their comfort zone and will test endurance, core strength, mental grit and determination.
Customers will have just 24 hours from 15th March at midday to sign up online if they think they’ve got what it takes. This exclusive event will be free to enter, but there are only 10 spaces available at each of the 29 locations so expect them to book up fast. All participants will get just one attempt at the zip ascent. The quickest to ascend from each of the 29 UK locations will be crowned the local site champion, with an opportunity to scoop an expenses paid trip for them and 3 mates to head to Go Ape’s Zip Trekking Adventure in the Lake District, plus a Go Pro and accessories, accommodation and hospitality worth up to £2K.
Tristram and Rebecca Mayhew, Go Ape’s founders said: “Our instructors train hard to be able to get to any part of our courses as quickly as possible. In an emergency, they may need to haul themselves up our zip wires hand over hand to access the course quickly. It takes core strength and determination. We thought it would be fun to allow our customers to race against our instructors in the ultimate Zipwire Climb. The fastest at each site will be our uphill Zipwire Champion, but can they beat our champion male and female instructors?”
Keep your eyes peeled on the @GoApeTribe Facebook page for more information.
Watch some of the Go Ape instructors giving the zip ascent a go here: www.facebook.com/GoApeTribe/videos/10155104121806566/About Go Ape
- Go Ape offer individuals across the country the chance to take part in magical forest adventures, either high up among the trees or on woodland paths.
- Established in 2001, by Ex-Army tank commander Tristram Mayhew and wife Rebecca, previously head of corporate fundraising for Marie Curie Cancer Care, Go Ape has branched out to 32 locations across the UK, where it encourages people of all ages to live life adventurously.
- From Treetop Adventures and Zip Trekking to Segway Forest Safaris, the company is focused on providing exhilarating experiences to achieve its ambition of being the best adventure leisure company on the planet.
- Operating from their Suffolk base, Banana HQ, the company has created more than 1,000 jobs across the UK and the USA.
- In addition to bringing adventure to the lives of individuals, it aims to create a fun working environment for all of its staff – known as its Tribe. The Tribe is encouraged to take part in adventure training that is naturally powered, such as caving, and white-water rafting, while all teams are engaged in charitable fundraising activities raising and donating many tens of thousands of pounds every year.
- Go Ape is the UK's No. 1 Forest Adventure with 68 activities across the country including:
- Tree Top Adventure: for adults and children of 10 and above who are at least 1.4m (4ft 7in) tall
- Tree Top Junior: for children who are at least 1m (3ft 3½ in) tall
- Forest Segway: for adults and children of 10 and above weighing at least 7 stone
- Zip Trekking Adventure: for adults and children of 13 and above who are at least 1.4m (4ft 7in) tall and weigh a minimum of 7 stone
- Nets Kingdom: or adults and children of 1 and above
- For further information please contact [email protected] / 01284 852217